Types of Olet Equipment : Olet fittings (commonly called Branch Connection Fittings or Outlet Fittings) that provide passage from a larger pipe to a smaller one (or one of a comparable size).
Olets are forked fittings made by the largest metal fittings manufacturers like us. Olets offers an alternative method of connecting to the main loop and requires no fortification or reinforcement. Olet is pre-formed into the bend of the run pipe. Flat based weldolets are accessible for connection to the top of the pipe and headboard.
The main pipe to which the branch joints are welded is mostly called the Run or Header size estimate. The pipe provided by the affiliate or branch association is called the Branch or Outlet size. Branch joints are available in all sizes, types, types, holes and grades, in a wide variety of typical stainless steel, chrome-molly and amalgam combinations.
Olet is widely used for branching in high weight pressure and high temperature applications. The maximum acceptable weight pressure from the fitting is the same in a straight consistent or seamless pipe connected of proportional material.
Material and Grade of Olet Pipe Fittings (Weldolet, Threadolet, Sockolets)
1) Stainless Steel Olet Fittings – ASTM/ASME SA 182F GR. 304, 304L, 304H, 304N, 304LN, 316, 316L, 316H, 316N, 316LN, 309L, 310, 317, 317L, 321, 321H, 347, 347H AND UNS 31254 (254SMO)
2) Carbon Steel Olet Fittings – ASTM/ASME A105 / A350 LF2, ASME SA105, A694 – F42, F46, F52, F60, F65, F70, A36, A516 GR. 70, 60
3) Alloy Steel Olet Fittings – ASTM / ASME A182 GR. F1 / F5 / F9 / F11 / F22 / F91
4) Duplex Steel Olet Fittings – ASTM/ASME SA 182F GR. F44, F45, F51, F53, F55, G60, F61. WERKSTOFF NO. 1.4462
5) Nickel Alloy Steel Olet Fittings – ASTM / ASME SB 256 GR. NICKEL ALLOY 200, NICKEL ALLOY 20, MONEL ALLOY 400, INCONEL ALLOY 600, INCONEL ALLOY 625, INCOLOY ALLOY 800, INCOLOY ALLOY 800H, INCOLOY ALLOY 800HT, INCONEL ALLOY 825, 2022, HASTELLOASTYALLOY
6) Low Temperature Pipe Olet – A/SA 350 LF2, LF3
The ductile fittings are also available in other metals like titanium, aluminum, bronze, Lead, tantalum, zinc, brass etc.
Applications or Uses Olet Fittings are used in various industries. Some of them are
- Power plants
- Water pipe
- Oil refinery
- Food Drink
- Nuclear power plant
- Sugar factory
Types of Olet Pipe Fittings
1) Brazolet – Brazolet is used generally and mostly for connecting or connecting continuous fittings. Brazolet is the same as weldolet, and is especially suitable for metal pipes, copper pipes, and cast iron funnels with brass.
2) Coupolet – Coupolet fittings are planned for use in fire protection sprinkler structures and other low weight distribution applications.
3) Elbolet – Elbolet used on Long Radius Elbows 90° (shipped for Short Radius Elbows) for thermo wells and instrumentation affiliations
4) Flexolet – Flexolet resembles a weldolet with a slight refinement that is flexolet has straight holes while weldolet has smaller holes.
5) Weldolet inserts – Weldolet inserts are the most commonly felt of all branch associations, and are welded to the outlet pipe.
6) Latrolet – Latrolet is an assortment of welding tools. You need to hook them the same way, but this Latrolet makes 45 degree associations with standard pipes instead of 90 degrees.
7) Nipolet – Nipolet is just an olet mixture with a pipe nipple. This oil works like welding or thread, but with a nipple.
8) Sockolet – Sockolet in the general sense like weldolet and threadolet; beside the channel in Sockolets there is one type of joint suitable for welding.
9) Sweepolet – Sweepolet is formed, basically continuous; butt-weld branch connections with low stress reinforcing components for low weight and long thinning or fatigue life.
10) Threadolet – Threadolet resembles a variety of olet; the main difference is that this olet comes with a female thread association.
11) Weldolet – Weldolet or weld olet or weld branch association fitting is the most understood among all olet. It is mostly used and installed as a buttweld fitting, as it is welded to the branch pipe.
ASTM A182 – ASME SA182 – Standard Specifications
ASME B16.11 – Forged Mounting Sockets – Welding and Threaded
MSS SP-97 – Integrally Reinforced Forged Branch Outlet Fittings – Socket Welding, Threaded Ends and Buttwelding
For Olet Fittings, please contact us. They are one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of olet fittings and other pipe fittings.